The Further North the Farther South

 On February 16th, 2024 I began my journey up north to the deep south. I left Tampa Bay early morning that Friday, ready to face a day drive with my 20 classmates. But not even an hour into our story we had to pull over as one of the vans had some technical difficulties because a big rock had hit the van. We all had to stop and make sure we were all okay to continue. We stopped at Zaxby True Southern food, Van 3 was on a mission we wanted to be the first to arrive but that was not happening considering one of the other busses made it pretty much with no breaks. We drove through Georiga and South Carolina which was very different as the further north we went the more south we were, it was clear by the billboards and the signage that this was God's country. It was different from Florida as we only have pockets of this "rural" land. But I was ready to learn with an open mind and heart. We arrived in our little town of Lexington and finished our night with Chinese food. I took a quick selfie with our Van drivers. 



Comments

Popular Posts